Certified Life Coach
Certified Life Coaches come from various programs The program in which a coach graduates certifies the life coach in proficiency of the tools in that program. Not all programs are the same, and it is important for you to understand the education of the certified life coach you choose to work with.
Accredited Life Coaching The International Association of Coaches (IAC) and the International Coaching Federation (ICF) are the governing board over the life coaching profession, and as of today, it is not mandatory for coaches to become accredited through either organization in order to practice in the field.
Questions to ask when interviewing a Certified Life Coach:
Certified Life Coaching Questions
- How much time did your specific training take?
- How long have you been coaching?
- Did your training include any supervised coaching sessions?
- How were your coaching competencies tested?
- What do you consider your specialty?
- What is the coaching methodology or framework you work from most often in sessions?
- Do you belong to any professional coaching organizations?
- Do you participate in continuing education?
- Do you use coaching supervision?